Monday, March 2, 2015

Yes. No. Maybe: Maybelline's The Smokes & The Brights Palettes




I've heard about Maybelline coming out with a smokey and bright palettes, but considering how disappointing the first palette is, I haven't bothered checking to see when they would come out with them.

When I was looking through my feed on bloglovin' I checked out a post talking about one of the palettes, and checked out more reviews on it and for the other one as well.  Sad to say, I don't feel these are worth getting either. The swatches and tutorials looked very disappointing, and just didn't look like they’d be worth the effort it would take to make them work.  (They were patchy, not very pigmented, and looked like a hassle to apply and blend)

Even though I said it before, I feel it’s worth mentioning again that it’s odd that they still choose not to use the formula from their Eyestudio line.  If they used that formula for these palettes, than they may actually be worth getting. I wonder if they'll ever figure this out.

Personally, I’d rather get one or both of the La Nude palettes from L’Oreal.  I belive they’re about $15 or so. Even though they're a bit pricey, the good things I heard about them sounds like they're worth the price.

Did you get one or both of these palettes? What do you think of it/them?

Have you seen my previous post?



As always, thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment