Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Yes. No. Maybe : Mayebelline The Nudes Palette

When I first saw this palette at cvs, I was immediately drawn to it since I love using these kinds of colors. However, since I didn't read, or watch any reviews on it, I figured I should do that first before I purchase it.

Boy, am I glad I did. While it may not seem like a pricey item, it is in a way since it's from the drugstore. Considering it can cost up to $10, there should only be one or two duds, but that doesn't seem to be the case. 

A majority of the swatches I've seen from bloggers and youtubers said that the shadows took too long, or was tricky to blend properly. While I don't mind taking my time to blend my shadows, I don't want to have to take too long to do it because of its poor formula/ quality.  

It’s a shame they didn't use the same formula they used for their EYESTUDIO quad in Nude Romance (which is sadly a limited edition). If they did, then this palette would be worth the hype. While the shadows are a bit shimmery, they don’t look tacky on the eyes, and they blend very easily, with little effort.  

While it’s nice that, a drugstore brand came out with a palette like this, I’d rather save my money and get something else.

Do you own this palette? What do you think of it?


As always, thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment