Monday, August 25, 2014

w.o.e (what on earth)

While I love buying lipstick from drugstores, there’s one particular brand that I avoid whenever I get the urge to get a new one. Which brand? Well, that would be Milani.

Don’t get me wrong, I like their other products, but there’s just something about the scent that I just can’t tolerate. It’s a shame, because they have a wonderful color selection, and go on smoothly. But the watermelon, and rancid(?) scent is very off putting. (I’m not quite sure if rancid is the right word to describe the smell, but it is pretty foul to say the least).

The first, and only one I bought was Red Label.  My allergies was acting up on me, and I couldn't smell anything properly for a while. (Even though I was taking allergy medicine). When I was finally able to breathe, and smell things properly again, I was shocked to at how..odd the lipstick smelled. Thinking that I might have just bought a bad tube, I went online to do a bit of research, and realized that this is really how their lipsticks smelled. Not willing to deal with the scent, I just chucked it in the waste basket, wishing I never bought it.  I would have cleaned it, and passed it on to a friend or family member, but I wouldn't have felt right about giving away something that smells terrible. 





This is also the main reason why I couldn't get myself to add a few of the lipsticks from this line on my Save or Splurge list. I just can’t recommend their lipsticks to anyone, especially when there are some people who are really sensitive to scented products. Not that there aren't other brands out there that don’t have a strong scent, but I haven’t smelled one that makes me gag a bit whenever I smell it.

Have you had a similar experience with their lipstick, or other products/brands?



As always, thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment