Monday, December 29, 2014

Editing My Repertoire




A few days ago, I decided it was once again time to do a bit of editing with my makeup repertoire. Considering I do this a few times every year, it wasn’t too difficult to part with a few products; fortunately taking a few sips of salabat helped somehow.

Over the past two years, I’ve have parted with forty products or so. While this may sound like a lot, the bulk of them were things that needed to be replaced regularly, or I simply used quite a bit of like mascaras, and eyeliners. The other products where ones I either got tired of, or got fed up with trying to find ways to make it work for me. The only products I had a hard time parting with were the eyeshadows, and lipsticks.

That being said, I’ve learned that it really helps to be picky when it comes to buying new products. In the past I’ve blindly bought new products, only to end up disappointed with the quality, or how it didn’t compliment my skin tone and so on.

Once I was done, I felt happier with the amount I had since I know I’m more likely to use up what was left behind. Well, that and the fact that I’ll get to buy it again soon…but hopefully not too soon...since makeup can be ridiculously expensive..oy.

Since it can help to find those that have similar skin types, skin tone, etc, I thought I’d tell you about mine.

Skin tone: light-medium with yellow undertones / NC25
Skin type: sensitive, combo-oily, or combo-dry depending on the weather
Eye color: brown
Hair: brunette

I’ll talk about what I prefer for formulas, finishes, and all that jazz next time. Otherwise, this will be a really long post.

How many times do you edit your repertoire?



As always, thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment