Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Potato Croquettes




After surfing the web for some recipe ideas for potatoes, I came across this recipe for potato croquettes.

I made them as a side dish, and there weren't any leftover...which I may have been a tad sad about. Having a few of them would have been a great midnight snack. Oh well, now I know to make more next time.

Since I didn't have a few of the ingredients, I had to make due with what I had on hand.


What I did differently:

- I only made half of the recipe...which was a bad idea
- Substituted the bell pepper for peas
- Used about 1 tsp of garlic powder
- Used 2 tsp of melted butter
- I didn't add the parsley
- Used stock instead of milk
- I coated them with some flour and fried them instead of baking them


If you haven't had or tried making potato croquettes, I highly recommend you try making them. They're easy to make, and are quite addictive.

The photo is from Urban Cookery. I wish mine looked like the ones in this picture. However, my guests and I were too hungry to wait and take a picture of the food. The ones I made where roughly bite sized pieces, and I still don't know how I had the patience to make them that small.


Have you read my latest beauty, fashion, and lifestyle posts?



As always, thanks for reading!




No comments:

Post a Comment