Thursday, August 18, 2016

Things I've Learned on Moving & Decorating




There's quite a few things I've learned after moving quite a few times, and some I've learned from other people. Here are some I've found to be the most useful.

1) Don't procrastinate about packing your things! Don't do it! Sounds simple, but it's annoyingly hard to resist doing.

2) Make sure to label your boxes, and try to only put in what you've labeled it with. I stressed myself out quite a bit when I didn't do this. Oh, and make sure to label which room it need to go in. I may or may not have learned this the hard way too.

3) Keep your clothes on the hangers, and put them in boxes designed for that, or put them in a garbage bags. (Make a hole in the bottom, slip the hole over the hangers, and tie the ends). Oh how I wish I did this the second time I moved..smh. This would would have saved me so much time, and energy.

4) Get the bathroom(s) and bedrooms ready first.

- Have the bathrooms ready with: shower curtain/or liner, towels, toilet paper, toiletries, etc. This way you can quickly freshen up when you're done for the day.
- Get the bedroom(s) ready by: having the clothes you need for the season unpacked, the bed set up, and any other furniture you need it).

5) If you're doing any painting, try to do it at least a few days before you move in. This will give the smell time to dissipate, so it won't be bothersome once you start moving in.

6) Let people help you. It might feel awkward at first, but the more help you have, the faster it will be over with.

7) Instead of buying bubble wrap, use towels, t-shirts, and/or pillow cases to wrap breakable objects.


When it comes to decorating, I've found that I like keep things simple. Doing so has helped me to not get tired of what I've picked, or get the urge to redecorate too often.

Decorating wise I've learned I like things to be simple.

1) Couch : I'd want it to be pleather/leather, in a neutral color, and for it to be sleek yet comfortable. Having a couch like this would make it easier to clean/maintain, and would complement any color I may want to paint the walls with.

2) Dining Table : Since I'm a little accident prone, I'd want it to be oval/round with a glass top to protect it, and for easy clean up.

3) Desk : As long as it's sturdy, has storage space, and doesn't take up much room, I'm a happy gal.

4) Decorative Pieces : When it comes to decorations, I try not to go overboard. This makes it a whole lote easier, and quicker to dust shelves, tables, etc.

5) If I do find myself getting tired of how a room looks, I would either repaint the walls, or change the colors of the pillows, rugs, and/or curtains.

What things have you learned from moving and decorating your home?


Have you read my previous beauty, fashion, and lifestyle posts?



As always, thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment