Monday, July 11, 2016

Y.N.M. : Becca Ombre Rouge Eye Palette



There's something about eyeshadow palettes that I can't help but have a weakness for. I've been intrigued with Becca Ombre Rouge Eye Palette for quite a while, but the price has been stopping me from getting it. Since it has been on my list for a long time,  I finally took the time to look for/compare swatches, and tutorials using these shadows before biting the bullet. 


After comparing swatches and watching tutorials, I found myself being less intrigued, and ended up feeling more "meh" about this palette. While the swatches, and looks turned out okay, I don't want to spend $40+ on a palette that doesn't really impress me that much. I suppose I'm being a bit nit-picky, but considering I can get similar looks from palettes from the drugstore (/drugstore priced products), I'd rather be picky.

However, I still wanted to have the option of using high-end eyeshadows as well. Since I like MUFE's eyeshadows, I thought I'd look for shades that look similar color wise, even if the finish is different. (Since it was difficult to find a similar finish and color). It was tricky to determine which shades were close enough color wise, but I'd still rather use these eyeshadows, then the ones in this palette.

These shadows are available at Sephora's website. 
Starting from left to right:  
#1. M510, M532, M810 | #2. M518 | #3. S516 (e.o.o.), S522 (e.o.o.) |  #4. M646 (e.o.o.), ME728, S710 (e.o.o.) | #5. I702 (e.o.o.), M600 (exc.)
*(e.o.o.) = exclusive online only, (exc.) = exclusive

Do you have Becca's Ombre Rouge palette?  What do you think about it?

Have you read my previous beautyfashion, and lifestyle posts?


As always, thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment