Friday, June 3, 2016

Mango with Tapioca Pudding





Mangoes with sweet sticky rice is one of my favourite desserts (or snacks), but since I don't always have sticky rice, I thought I'd try using tapioca pearls instead.



The slight downside is, is that I'm not really a fan of tapioca pudding.  While I don't mind how it tastes, the texture isn't something I enjoy very much. After a bit of experimenting, I found a way to make work for my tastes, and has made me a fan of tapioca pudding; especially when it's paired with mangoes.


Ingredients:

- 7 cups of water
- 1 cup of mini tapioca
- I can of coconut cream
- 3/4 or 1/2 the amount of coconut water (depends on how thick you want the pudding to be)
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 vanilla bean or 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 6 or 8 mangoes

Servings: ~6-8

Method:

1. Boil water. When the water's bubbling, add the tapioca in a swirling motion. Reduce heat to medium-high, and cook (with lid on) for 5 minutes.

2. Strain and rinse tapioca with cold water, and set aside.  Rinse pot well, then add the coconut cream, coconut water, sugar, vanilla, and salt.  Mix well till combined.

3. Put heat on high, when it starts to bubble, lower to medium, and add the tapioca.

4. Simmer for 5 minutes, and stir occasionally.

5. Let the mixture cool, then put in the fridge, and let it chill for at least 2-3 hours.

6. When ready to serve, add some sliced, or cubed mangoes.

Hope you'll like my recipe.  Please let me know what you think if you made it!


Have you read my previous beauty, fashion, and lifestyle posts?



As always, thanks for reading?







No comments:

Post a Comment