Thursday, October 1, 2015

Almond Torte




Even though I'm not a big fan of snacking on almonds, I love desserts that have almonds in them.  

Whether they're in ice cream, croissants, cakes, macaroons; you name it I'll (most likely) love it. 


While looking for a cake recipe, I came across a torte recipe that's become my go-to recipe when I have a craving for something sweet, but won't make me feel like I over indulged afterwards.


To make this torte suit my tastes a little better, I made a few tweaks here and there.


  • 1/2 cup minus 1 t  of sugar (I found using a full cup made this overwhelmingly sweet) 
  • 1 t plus 1/4 or 1/8 t of lemon extract instead of the almond extract and the orange water
  • baked at 340F for 15 to 20 minutes (depending on your oven)


I love having this for dessert or breakfast (if there's any left over), with a cup of tea or coffee.  It always manages to hit the spot.


Have you seen my previous fashion, beauty, and recipe posts?



As always, thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment