Monday, October 6, 2014

Smokey Eyes

Smokey eyes, two words that can either make a girl say ‘no problem’, or ‘oh no’.

I used to be the one that said the latter, but with practice, and experimenting, I eventually was able to say ‘no problem’.

Going on YouTube to see how others do a smokey eye helped a ton. My favorite YouTubers to watch would be: gossmakeupartist, Lisa Eldridge, Jaclyn Hill, & RAEview. They do a great job at showing how it’s done, in a way that you’ll feel that you can do it too. There are others that I’ve watched that did a nice job, but still left me feeling that I wouldn’t be able to do it.

The one tip that I can give anyone, would be to make sure you blend well. Not blending the shadows enough/properly can make the look a bit odd, which I’ve learned the hard way.

One of my go to palettes to use for a smokey eye is NAKED 2 by urban decay. It has colors that I usually gravitate towards, and works well with the other shadows that I have.

What do you like to use for creating a smokey eye?                                                                 



As always, thanks for reading!




No comments:

Post a Comment